UConn-Pitt Post Game Notes
Feb. 26, 2013
- UConn improves to 41-9 all-time against the Panthers, including the current streak of 28 straight wins. The last Connecticut loss to Pittsburgh came in a 76-74 defeat on 2/24/93. At home, the Huskies are now 22-4 all-time against the Panthers.
- The Huskies have won 332 of their last 336 games against opponents not ranked in the AP-Top 25. Also, UConn improves to 176-5 in its last 181 BIG EAST home games.
- The Panthers have now lost 34 consecutive BIG EAST contests dating back to their last win against Providence on 2/15/11. Pitt is 0-14 in BIG EAST play this season.
- Senior Guard Kelly Faris moved into a tie for fifth all-time with 275 steals matching Debbie Baer’s mark. Faris recorded four steals tonight.
- Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis recorded her fourth career double-double with 19 points and 13 rebounds. It is Mosqueda-Lewis’ third double-double of the season.
- After Pitt took an early 8-7 lead, the Huskies closed the half on a 30-5 run during which the Panthers missed their final 15 of 16 shots from the field. In the first half, Pittsburgh shot just 18.5% (5-27). The 24 point deficit is the largest halftime deficit of the year for Pitt.
- Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis lead all scorers at half with nine points on 3-9 shooting (3-7 from beyond the arc).
- Despite entering the contest ranked eighth in the BIG EAST with a +3.2 rebounding margin, the Panthers were outrebounded in the game by a margin of 49-29.
- UConn now holds a 162-45 margin in blocks this season. Breanna Stewart recorded four blocks tonight in the first half of play.
- The Huskies improve to 25-1 when leading at halftime this season; The Panthers fall to 2-15 when trailing at half.
- With the win, the Huskies have now won 60 of their past 62 games at the XL Center. They boast a 134-13 all-time record at their off-campus home facility.
- Pitt’s head coach Agnus Beranato falls to 0-12 in her career against Connecticut since she arrived at Pittsburgh in 2003-04 season. Huskies head coach Geno Auriemma is now 41-4 in his career against the Panthers.
- The Huskies remain undefeated (16-0) this season when recording 10+ steals. The recorded 11 steals and capitalized on 25 points off of Pitt turnovers.
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS