March 1, 2010
Box Score |
- With its 30-0 regular season record, Connecticut has posted back-to-back undefeated regular seasons for the second time in the program's history - doing so in 2002 and 2003.
- Tonight's win extends UConn's current winning streak to 69 straight games - one shy of the NCAA Division I record of 70 set by Connecticut from 2001-03.
- UConn wraps up a perfect 30-0 regular season for the second straight season and finished without a loss in the regular season for the sixth time in the program's history - by far the most in NCAA history.
- UConn posts a perfect 16-0 BIG EAST record for the second straight season and the eighth time in the program's history.
- UConn moves to a perfect 11-0 against ranked opponents in 2009-10 following tonight's win at No. 6/8 Notre Dame.
- UConn leads the all-time series with Notre Dame 24-4 and has won the last eight meetings in the series.
- UConn has won 148 of its last 155 BIG EAST Conference regular season games.
- UConn is a perfect 12-0 in "true" road games this season and has won each of its last 26 straight.
- UConn has won each of its last 18 BIG EAST Conference road games in the regular season following tonight's win over No. 6/8 Notre Dame.
- Tonight's victory clinches UConn's fifth consecutive and the 15th 30-win season in program history - and 15th in the last 17 seasons overall.
- UConn is 12-2 all-time when playing on ESPN's "Big Monday" including a perfect 3-0 mark in 2009-10.
- Tonight's game marked the third time this season UConn has posted a 2-0 mark when playing two ranked opponents in a 48-hour span.
- UConn is a perfect 12-0 against teams ranked in the top-10 nationally over its current 69-game winning streak - following tonight's win over No. 6/8 Notre Dame.
- UConn improves to 261-11 when playing as the top ranked team in the Associated Press poll.
- UConn moves to 152-53 all-time against ranked opponents and 35-20 on the road against ranked foes.
- UConn boasts a record of 70-36 all-time against opponents ranked among the top-10 nationally.
- UConn has won 74 consecutive games against BIG EAST opponents in the regular season other than Rutgers.
- UConn owns a mark of 92-18 in nationally-televised contests since 2001-02, including a perfect 9-0 record in 2009-10.
- UConn held Notre Dame scoreless for the opening 3:05 of the contest. - Notre Dame's 23 first-half points 28th time in 30 games this season that UConn has limited its opponent to less than 27 points in the first half.
- Tonight's crowd of 9,149 marked Notre Dame's sixth sellout this season.
- Tina Charles' 18 points and eight rebounds allowed her to become UConn's all-time leader in both categories with her current career totals of 2,184 points and 1,273 rebounds.
- Kalana Greene's 12 points marked her 68th with double-figure points in her career, her 20th this season and the 14th in the last 17 games overall.
- Maya Moore's 17 points marks her 29th game with double-figure points this season and her 103rd in 107 career games.
- Tiffany Hayes' 13 points marks her third straight game with double-figure points and her 17th this season.
- Caroline Doty's 11 points her 11th game with double-figure points this season and the 17th of her career.
- UConn had five players register double-figure points for the sixth time this season.