Post Game Notes
2010 BIG EAST Tournament
- UConn won its 71st straight game - breaking the record for the longest winning streak in NCAA Division I women's basketball history - Connecticut also holds the second-longest such streak at 70 games (2001-03).
- The Huskies have won all 71 consecutive games by double-digits, an NCAA record. During the span, the team has averaged a margin of victory of 32.5 points.
- UConn has won each of its last seven BIG EAST Tournament games following tonight's BIG EAST Semifinal win over Notre Dame.
- UConn is 58-12 all-time in BIG EAST Tournament action.
- UConn advances to the BIG EAST Championship game for the sixth straight season and the 16th time in the last 17 years overall.
- UConn improves to 20-2 all-time in the semifinal round of the BIG EAST Conference Tournament.
- UConn has won each of its last 33 games played at the XL Center and boasts an all-time mark of 107-11 at the facility.
- UConn is 17-2 all-time in BIG EAST Tournament games played at the XL Center in Hartford.
- UConn improves to 45-4 when playing as the No. 1 seed in the BIG EAST Tournament.
- UConn is a perfect 8-0 all-time against Notre Dame in BIG EAST Tournament games
- its most wins against any opponent in conference tourney action.
- UConn is a perfect 13-0 against top-10 opponents during its current 71-game winning streak following tonight's win over No. 6/7 Notre Dame.
- UConn is 25-4 all-time against Notre Dame following tonight's win and have won each of the last nine meetings against the Irish.
- UConn moves to 32-0 for the second straight season and the fifth time since 1994-95.
- UConn improves to 264-11 when playing as the nation's No. 1 ranked team.
- UConn is 153-53 all-time against ranked opponents and a perfect 12-0 in 2009-10.
- UConn is 71-36 all-time against top-10 ranked opponents.
- This is the 17th season in which UConn has been the BIG EAST Tournament No. 1 seed.
- After taking a 19-14 lead at the 8:37 mark in the first half, UConn was held without a point for span of 4:14.
- UConn's 25 points marked the fewest points in a first half since facing LSU in the Elite Eight on March 26, 2007 (22 points).
- UConn held Notre Dame to 22 points in the first half, marking the Irish's second-lowest first-half performance this season - Notre Dame's previous was 19 against UConn back on Jan. 16, 2010.
- UConn opened the second half with a 7-2 run in a span of 2:09 to extend its lead to 32-24.
- The Huskies have gone 222 consecutive games without allowing an opponent to shoot more than .500 from the field. Boston College was the last opponent to post a shooting percentage more than .500, coming on March 8, 2004.
- Maya Moore's 11 points marked her 31st game with double-figure points this season and her 105th in 109 career games.
- Maya Moore's 11 points and 10 rebounds marked her 39th career double-double and the 12th of the season.
- Tina Charles' 16 points marked her 30th game with double-figure points this season and the 114th of her career.
- Tina Charles' 16 points and 17 rebounds marked her 48th career double-double and her 10th this season.
- Tina Charles' 17 rebounds marked her 55th career game with double-figure rebounds and the 10th this season.
- Kalana Greene's 15 points marked her 21st game this season in double-digit scoring and the 69th of her career.
March 8, 2010
2010 BIG EAST Tournament
No. 1/1 UConn Post Game Notes
March 8, 2010 vs. No. 6/7 Notre Dame