March 8, 2011
• No. 1 UConn defeated No. 3 Notre Dame 73-64 in the BIG EAST Championship Final.
• Tonight's win gives UConn its 36th all-time BIG EAST title and its 17th BIG EAST Tournament Championship crown.
• Tonight's contest marked the fifth meeting between the Huskies and the Irish in the BIG EAST Championship final. UConn has now won all five match-ups.
• Maya Moore is only the second player in BIG EAST history to be named the league's Player of the Year and to be named the tournament's Most Outstanding Player twice. The other player to do so was Villanova's Shelly Pennefather in 1986 and 1987.
• Tonight's win gives the Huskies their third win over the Irish in the 2010-11 season.
• UConn is now 62-12 all-time in BIG EAST Tournament action.
• UConn improves to 49-4 in BIG EAST Tournament play as the No. 1 seed.
• The Huskies are out-scored its opponents in the paint 92-74 during BIG EAST Tournament play this season.
• After UConn took a quick 2-0 lead, Notre Dame went on a 6-0 run to take a 6-2 advantage three minutes into the contest. UConn took the lead back with a 7-0 run to take an 11-8 advantage.
• Midway through the first half, Notre Dame went on a 12-2 run to extend its lead to seven at 20-13 with 9:30 left to go in the frame.
• In a game full of runs and lead changes, UConn took the lead back with a 10-2 run before two free throws by ND's Brittany Mallory with 4:52 left on the clock in the first half.
• There were three ties and eight lead changes in the first half as UConn went into the break with a one-point lead (32-31).
• UConn went on an 11-0 run in a span of 5:27 to extend its lead to as much as 12 at 52-40 with 12:44 left in regulation.
• Notre Dame called its final timeout with 12:43 left in the contest.
• Bria Hartley scored 10 of her 12 points in the second half of the contest.
• Bria Hartley fouled out with 1:04 left in the game.
• Stefanie Dolson's 24 points marked her 15th game in double figure points this season.
• Stefanie Dolson's 24 points tied her career-high.
• Maya Moore's 22 points marked her 144th career game with double-figure points.
• Maya Moore has now recorded 20 or more points in 73 career games.
· All-Tournament Team:
o Stefanie Dolson, UConn
o Bria Hartley, UConn
o Skylar Diggins, Notre Dame
o Natalie Novosel, Notre Dame
o Keisha Hampton, DePaul
· Most Outstanding Player
o Maya Moore, UConn