March 23, 2009
- UConn moves to 17-2 all-time in first round games of the NCAA Tournament.
- UConn improves to 66-15 all-time in NCAA Tournament action.
- UConn improves to 27-2 all-time in NCAA Tournament games at Gampel Pavilion and has won the last 25 straight.
- UConn moves to 50-11 all-time when receiving an automatic berth to the NCAA Tournament.
- UConn improves to 36-4 in NCAA Tournament games played in state of Connecticut.
- UConn's ups its record to 48-7 when it plays as a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament and has won 20 of its last 22 such games.
- UConn's 34-0 start marks its best since finishing 39-0 in 2002.
- UConn has won 92 of its last 94 games at Gampel Pavilion including the last 27 overall.
- UConn owns a 4-0 mark against America East opponents in the NCAA Tournament.
- UConn owns a perfect 10-0 record in the all-time series against Vermont.
- UConn current senior class owns an all-time record of 134-11 during their career in Storrs.
- UConn improves to 227-11 when playing as the nation's No. 1 team in the Associated Press Top 25.
- UConn has won 31 of its last 34 NCAA Tournament games following today's opening round win over Vermont.
- UConn has won 115 straight games against non-ranked opponents.
- Renee Montgomery made her 135th consecutive start today - tying Jen Rizzotti for the UConn record for most in a row.
- Geno Auriemma moved past Dean Smith into sole possession of third place for the most wins in the Division I NCAA Basketball Tournament (men's or women's) with his current total of 66.
- Tina Charles' 32 points marks her 12th straight game with double-figure points and her 30th this season.
- Renee Montgomery's 19 points marks her 104th career game with double-figure points and her 29th this season.
- Maya Moore's 13 points marked her sixth consecutive game with double-figure points and her 33rd this season.
- Renee Montgomery connected on five 3-point field goals in the first half while scoring 19 points in the opening 20 minutes.
- Tina Charles scored 18 points in the first half while shooting 7-of-8 from the field.
- UConn shot a .742 (23-of-31) clip from the field in the first half - its best field goal percentage in any half this season.
- UConn has led at halftime in each of the last 33 games overall.
- Tina Charles' 11 rebounds moved her past Kara Wolters into fourth place on the UConn career rebounding list with her current total of 933.
- Tina Charles' 32 points marked her highest scoring total in an NCAA Tournament game.
- Tina Charles scored UConn's first 10 points of the second half.
- Tina Charles' 32 points and 11 rebounds marked her second straight double-double, her 10th this season and the 35th of her career.
- UConn has won its last 64 games in which it has scored at least 80 points.
- Kalana Greene's 13 points marked her 17th game with double-figure points this season and her sixth in the last seven games.
- Tina Charles' 32 points marked the second-most scored by a UConn player in any game this season.
- Tina Charles' 32 points marked the third-most by a UConn player ever in an NCAA Tournament game.
- 10 different UConn players scored in today's win over Vermont in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament.
- UConn 39-point margin of victory marked the 20th game this season it has won by a margin of 30 points or more.
- UConn's 104 points in the win over Vermont marked the third-most it has ever scored in an NCAA Tournament game and its highest out output in an NCAA Tournament game since posting 116 vs. Hampton on March 17, 2000 in the NCAA first round - which is the UConn record.