March 28, 2010
Box Score |
Pregame Gallery |
2010 NCAA Tournament - Dayton Regional
No. 1 seed Connecticut Postgame Notes
March 28, 2010 vs. No. 4 seed Iowa State
- UConn advances to the NCAA Regional Final for the fifth straight season and the 16th time in the program's history following today's win over No. 4 seed Iowa State.
- UConn moves to 16-2 all-time in the "round of 16" after today's win over Iowa State.
- UConn extends its winning streak to 75 consecutive games
- the longest winning streak in NCAA Division I women's basketball history.
- UConn's 49.3-point margin of victory in its first three games of the 2010 NCAA Tournament marked the largest margin of victory for a team over the first three rounds of the NCAA Tournament. UConn defeated Southern University (La.) by 56 (95-39); Temple by 54 (90-36) and Iowa State by 38 (74-36).
- UConn moves to 74-15 all-time in NCAA Tournament play and has won each of its last eight NCAA Tournament games.
- UConn is 4-1 all-time at the University of Dayton Arena in NCAA Tournament play following today's win over No. 4 seed Iowa State.
- UConn boasts a record of 58-11 when it receives an automatic berth to the NCAA Tournament.
- UConn is 56-7 all-time when playing as a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament - the Huskies have won 28 of its last 30 games it has played as a No. 1 seed.
- UConn opens a perfect 36-0 to start a season for the second straight year and the third time since 2001-02.
- UConn improves to 268-11 when playing as the nation's No. 1 ranked team.
- UConn moves to 155-53 all-time vs. ranked opponents following today's win over No. 16/16 Iowa State.
- UConn moves to a perfect 25-0 vs. ranked opponents during its NCAA record 75-game winning streak.
- UConn opened today's game with a 14-2 run in the first 5:38.
- Maya Moore was 4-of-4 from behind the arc in the first half as she out the final 9:23 of the first half after picking up her second foul.
- Maya Moore outscored Iowa State 16-14 in the first half.
- UConn closed out the first half with a 22-4 run.
- UConn went on a 14-0 run in the second half in a span of 5:29 to extend its lead to 47 at 68-21.
- UConn scored more points in the first half (42) than Iowa State scored for the entire game (36)
- marking the 29th time the Huskies have posted more points in the first half than their opponents have managed for the entire game during the current 75-game winning streak.
- The Huskies have gone 226 consecutive games without allowing an opponent to shoot more than .500 from the field. Boston College was the last opponent to post a shooting percentage more than .500, coming on March 8, 2004.
- For the second-straight game Kelly Faris recorded career high marks in points (16) and 3-point field goals (4-of-4).
- Kelly Faris' 16 points marked her third game with double-figures points this season and her second consecutive
- also marks the first time she has recorded double-digit points in back-to-back games.
- Maya Moore's 25 points ties her career high in an NCAA tournament game
- vs. California (2009) and Old Dominion (2008).
- Maya Moore's six rebounds moves her past Kara Wolters (927) and into fifth place on the UConn all-time rebounding list with a current total of 932.
- Maya Moore's 25 points marked her 35th game with double-figure points this season and her 109th
in 113 career games.
- Maya Moore's 25 points marked her 20th straight game with double-figure points and her 13th in 14 career NCAA Tournament games.
- Maya Moore's 25 points marked her ninth game with 20 or more points in an NCAA Tournament (14 career NCAA Tournament games).
- Tina Charles 16 points marked her eighth straight game with double-figure points and her 34th this season.
- Maya Moore has registered double-figure points in each of her last 10 NCAA Tournament games.