March 29, 2009
UConn Women's Basketball Postgame Notes Sunday, March 29, 2009 - vs. California - Trenton Regional Semifinals
- UConn advances to the Trenton Regional Final on Tuesday, March 31 at the Sovereign Bank Arena in Trenton where it will face either No. 2 seed Texas A&M or No. 6 seed Arizona State. Tip time is 7:00 p.m. (ET).
- UConn improves its record in NCAA Regional Semifinals to 15-2 all-time and it has won its last four straight.
- UConn's 36-0 start marks its best since going a perfect 39-0 in 2001-02.
- UConn improves to all-time record in NCAA Tournament action to 68-15 all-time following today's Trenton Regional Semifinal win over California.
- UConn boasts a mark of 43-5 in NCAA Tournament play since 2000.
- UConn owns an all-time mark of 52-11 when it receives an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.
- UConn is 50-7 all-time when playing as a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament and has won 22 of its last 24 such games overall.
- UConn improves to 3-2 all-time against opponents from the Pac-10 in NCAA Tournament play.
- UConn moves to 2-1 all-time in the series against California following its win in today's Trenton Regional Semifinals.
- UConn boasts a mark of 229-11 when playing as the nation's No. 1 ranked team in the Associated Press poll.
- UConn's 2009 Senior Class boasts an all-time record of 136-11 during its tenure in Storrs.
- UConn has won 33 of its last 36 NCAA Tournament games overall.
- UConn moves to 8-0 vs. ranked teams in 2008-09 following its win over No. 13/14 California.
- UConn improves its record all-time against ranked opponents to 138-15 following today's win over No. 13/14 California.
- UConn went on a 13-2 run over the final 6:16 to claim a 35-33 lead at intermission.
- Tiffany Hayes' 28 points marks her 16th game with double-figure points this season and her first since Feb. 28.
- UConn has led at halftime in each of its last 35 games overall.
- Today's game featured three ties and eight lead changes.
- UConn went on a 23-5 run over a 10:30 span in the second half to take control of the contest. UConn limited California to just a pair of field goals over the spurt.
- Renee Montgomery's 13 points marks her third straight game with double-figure points and her 31st this season.
- Tiffany Hayes' 28 points mark the most ever scored by a UConn freshman in an NCAA Tournament game.
- Tiffany Hayes' 28 points mark a career-best effort.
- Maya Moore's 22 points marks her eighth consecutive game with double-figure points and her 35th this season.
- UConn has won each of it 36 games this season by a margin of 10 points or more.
- UConn has held each of its last 186 opponents to under a .500 shooting percentage.