March 31, 2009
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2 |
Photo Gallery 3
TRENTON, N.J. -
UConn Women's Basketball Postgame Notes
Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - vs. Arizona State - Trenton Regional Final
- UConn advances to the 2009 NCAA Women's Final Four for the second consecutive season and the 10th time in the program's history. The Huskies will face Stanford on Sunday, April 5 in the NCAA National Semifinals.
- UConn has advanced to seven NCAA Final Fours this decade (2000-present).
- UConn improves its record in NCAA Regional Finals to 10-5 all-time and has won its last two appearances.
- UConn's 37-0 start mark its best since going a perfect 39-0 in 2001-02.
- UConn improves to all-time record in NCAA Tournament action to 69-15 all-time following today's Trenton Regional Final win over Arizona State.
- UConn boasts a mark of 44-5 in NCAA Tournament play since 2000.
- UConn owns an all-time mark of 53-11 when it receives an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.
- UConn is 51-7 all-time when playing as a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament and has won 23 of its last 25 such games overall.
- UConn improves to 4-2 all-time against opponents from the Pac-10 in NCAA Tournament play.
- UConn moves to 2-1 all-time in the series against Arizona State following its win in today's Trenton Regional Final.
- UConn boasts a mark of 230-11 when playing as the nation's No. 1 ranked team in the Associated Press poll.
- UConn's 2009 Senior Class boasts an all-time record of 137-11 during its tenure in Storrs.
- UConn has won 34 of its last 37 NCAA Tournament games overall.
- UConn moves to 9-0 vs. ranked teams in 2008-09 following its win over No. 19 Arizona State.
- UConn improves its record all-time against ranked opponents to 139-15 following today's win over No. 19 Arizona State.
- UConn senior Renee Montgomery extended her UConn record of consecutive starts to 146.
- UConn has led at the half in each of the last 36 games overall and is a perfect 36-0 in those contests.
- Maya Moore's 25 points increased her season total to 712 - which surpassed Kara Wolters' UConn single-season record total of 694.
- Maya Moore's 25 points marks her eighth consecutive game with double-figure points and her 36th this season.
- Tina Charles' 18 points marks her 32nd game this season with double-figure points.
- UConn went on a 10-0 run early in the first half to take the lead which was sparked by eight points from Tina Charles.
- The first half featured three ties and one lead change.
- Tina Charles' 18 points and 13 rebounds mark her 12 double-double this season and the 37th of her career.
- Renee Montgomery's 22 points marks her 32nd game in double-figure points this season and the 107th of her career.
- Tiffany Hayes was only the second UConn player to foul out this season over 37 games.
- UConn improves to a perfect 9-0 against ranked teams this season.
- UConn has won its last 66 games in which it has scored at least 80 points.