April 5, 2010
2010 NCAA Tournament - Dayton Regional
No. 1 seed Connecticut Postgame Notes
April 4, 2010 vs. No. 5 seed Baylor
- UConn will face Stanford in the NCAA National Championship game on Tuesday, April 6 in an 8:32 p.m. (EST) tip at the Alamodome.
- UConn advances to the NCAA National Championship for the second straight season and the seventh time in the program's history - following tonight's NCAA National Semifinal win over Baylor.
- UConn improves 7-4 all-time in NCAA National Semifinal games following tonight's win over Baylor.
- UConn extends its NCAA record winning streak to 77 consecutive games following tonight's NCAA National Semifinal win over Baylor.
- UConn is a combined 13-4 all-time in NCAA Final Four games (semifinal and finals) following tonight's win over Baylor.
- UConn improves to 51-5 all-time in NCAA Tournament games since 2000.
- Tonight's marked the first meeting between UConn and Baylor in the sport of women's basketball.
- UConn improves to 6-1 all-time against Big XII opponents in NCAA Tournament action.
- Tonight marked UConn's 38th win this season - the second straight season that the Huskies have posted 38 wins and the third time in the program's history.
- UConn moves to 76-18 all-time in NCAA Tournament action and has won each of its last 11 NCAA Tourney contests,
- UConn is a perfect 3-0 at San Antonio's Alamodome in NCAA Final Four action (claimed NCAA crown in 2002).
- UConn owns a record of 7-1 when playing in the second NCAA National Semifinal (0-3 in first NCAA Semifinal) following tonight's win over Baylor.
- UConn moves to 60-11 all-time when earning an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament.
- UConn improves to 58-7 when it earns a No. 1 seed to the NCAA Tournament and have won 30 of its last 32 NCAA Tournament games it has played when it earns a No. 1 seed.
- UConn moves to 157-53 all-time against ranked opponents and a perfect 16-0 this season.
- UConn held Baylor without a field goal for a span of 6:17 early in the first half.
- Maya Moore scored 12 points in the first 6:58 of tonight's contest.
- UConn put together a 14-3 run for a span of 4:03 to take a 25-8 lead at the 10:08 mark of the first half.
- Maya Moore's 21 first-half points tied Stanford's Kate Starbird for the NCAA record for most points scored in a first half in a National Semifinal game.
- Maya Moore's 21 first-half points marked the most points scored by the junior in a first half this season.
- UConn was 1-of-8 from the field to begin the second half as Baylor went on an 11-2 run in the first 3:03 of the second frame.
- UConn went on a 12-2 run in a span of 5:05 midway through the second half to extend its lead to 15 at 57-42.
- Tonight marked the seventh time this season in which both Maya Moore and Tina Charles scored 20 or more points in the same game - vs. Stanford (12/23), vs. Notre Dame (1/16), at Pittsburgh (1/30), vs. Providence (2/20), vs. Southern (La.) (3/21), vs. Florida State (3/30), vs. Baylor (4/4).
- The Huskies have gone 228 consecutive games without allowing an opponent to shoot more than .500 from the field. Boston College was the last opponent to post a shooting percentage more than .500, coming on March 8, 2004.
- Maya Moore's 34 points moves her past Rebecca Lobo (2,133) and Kara Wolters (2,141) into fifth place on the UConn all-time scoring list with a current total of 2,145.
- Maya Moore's 34 points marks her career high in an NCAA tournament game.
- Maya Moore's 34 points marked her 37th game with double-figure points this season and her 111th in 115 career games.
- Maya Moore's 34 points marked her 22nd straight game with double-figure points and her 15th in 16 career NCAA Tournament games.
- Maya Moore's 34 points marked her 11th game with 20 or more points in an NCAA Tournament (16 career NCAA Tournament games).
- Maya Moore's 34 points and 12 rebounds marked her 40th career double-double and her 13th this season.
- Tina Charles 21 points marked her 10th straight game with double-figure points and her 36th this season.
- Tina Charles 21 points and 13 rebounds marked her 52nd career double-double and her 14th this season.
- Tina Charles 13 rebounds marked her 59th game with double-figure rebounds and her 14th this season.
- Maya Moore has registered double-figure points in each of her last 12 NCAA Tournament games.