April 6, 2009
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2 |
Photo Gallery 3
UConn Women's Basketball Postgame Notes
Sunday, April 5, 2009 - vs. Stanford - NCAA National Semifinal
- UConn advances to the 2009 NCAA Championship Game for the sixth time in its history following tonight's win over Stanford. The Huskies are a perfect 5-0 in previous national championship game appearances.
- UConn improves to 6-4 all-time in NCAA National Semifinal appearances.
- UConn improves to 11-4 all-time in games played at the NCAA Final Four in its history.
- UConn moves to 70-15 all-time in NCAA Tournament games.
- UConn improves to 45-5 in NCAA Tournament games played this decade (since 2000).
- UConn moves to 38-0 overall - its best start to a season since finishing a perfect 39-0 in 2002.
- UConn has won 35 of its last 38 NCAA Tournament games overall following tonight's NCAA National Semifinal win over Stanford.
- UConn moves to 54-11 all-time in NCAA Tournament action when it earns an automatic berth.
- UConn head coach Geno Auriemma has now posted 70 NCAA Tournament wins in his career - one behind Mike Krzyewski (71) for the second-most all-time in NCAA history (men's and women's).
- UConn boasts an all-time record in the NCAA Tournament of 52-7 when it is playing as a No. 1 seed and has won 24 of its last 26 games overall.
- UConn boasts an all-time mark 5-2 against Pac-10 opponents in NCAA Tournament play - including a 3-0 mark this season.
- UConn moves to 4-4 all-time vs. Stanford - including a 2-2 mark in NCAA Tournament games.
- UConn 2009 Senior Class boasts an all-time mark of 138-11 during their career in Storrs.
- UConn improves to 231-11 all-time when playing as the nation's No. 1 team in the Associated Press poll.
- UConn improves to a perfect 17-0 in nationally-televised games in 2008-09.
- UConn improves to 140-53 all-time against opponents ranked in the Associated Press Top 25 and 63-36 against opponents ranked in the top-10 nationally.
- Renee Montgomery extended streak of consecutive starts to 139 - a UConn record and the longest currently in the nation.
- Renee Montgomery's 26 points marked her fifth straight game with double-figure points and her 33rd this season.
- UConn has led at the half in 37 consecutive games and is a perfect 37-0 in those contests.
- UConn held Stanford scoreless over a 7:49 stretch that spanned the final 2:18 of the first half through the first 5:31 of the second.
- Maya Moore's 24 points mark her 10th game straight game with double-figure points and her 37th this season.
- UConn opened the second half with a 13-0 run over a span of 5:31 - during the spurt Stanford went 0-for-7 from the field.
- Renee Montgomery's 26 points mark her career-best scoring effort in an NCAA Tournament game.
- Renee Montgomery's 26 points marked her 26th career game with 20 or more points and her 13th this season>
- Maya Moore's 24 points marked her 29th career game with 20-plus points and her 16th this season.
- UConn has held each of its 188 opponents to a field goal percentage of less than .500 - dating back to March 8, 2004.
- UConn has won its last 67 games in which it has scored 80 points or more - dating back to Jan. 7, 2005.