April 7, 2009
UConn Women's Basketball Postgame Notes Tuesday, April 7, 2009 - vs. Louisville - NCAA National Championsip
- UConn clinches its third perfect season and sixth NCAA National Championship in the program's history following tonight's win over Louisville.
- UConn improves to a perfect 6-0 all-time in NCAA National Championship Games following tonight's win over Louisville.
- UConn improves to 12-4 all-time in games played at the NCAA Final Four in its history.
- UConn moves to 71-15 all-time in NCAA Tournament games.
- UConn improves to 46-5 in NCAA Tournament games played this decade (since 2000) and has captured a total of five NCAA National Championships over the span.
- UConn moves to 39-0 overall - its best season since also finishing a perfect 39-0 in 2002.
- UConn has won 36 of its last 39 NCAA Tournament games overall following tonight's NCAA National Championship win over Louisville.
- UConn moves to 55-11 all-time in NCAA Tournament action when it earns an automatic berth.
- UConn head coach Geno Auriemma has now posted 71 NCAA Tournament wins in his career - tied Mike Krzyewski (71) for the second-most all-time in NCAA history (men's and women's).
- UConn boasts an all-time record in the NCAA Tournament of 53-7 when it is playing as a No. 1 seed and has won 25 of its last 27 games overall.
- UConn boasts an all-time mark 3-1 against BIG EAST opponents in NCAA Tournament play - following tonight's win over Louisville.
- UConn moves to 8-1 all-time vs. Louisville and 1-1 in NCAA Tournament games vs. the Cardinals following tonight's win.
- UConn 2009 Senior Class boasts an all-time mark of 139-11 during their career in Storrs.
- UConn improves to 232-11 all-time when playing as the nation's No. 1 team in the Associated Press poll.
- UConn improves to a perfect 18-0 in nationally-televised games in 2008-09.
- UConn improves to 141-53 all-time against opponents ranked in the Associated Press Top 25 and 64-36 against opponents ranked in the top-10 nationally.
- Renee Montgomery extended streak of consecutive starts to 140 - a UConn record and the longest currently in the nation.
- Renee Montgomery ends her career having played 150 games in her career - the most by any player in UConn history.
- UConn finishes the 2008-09 with a perfect 11-0 mark vs. ranked opponents in 2008-09.
- Tina Charles' 25 points marked her 33rd game this season with double-figure points.
- Renee Montgomery's 18 points marked her 33rd game with double-figure points this season and the 108th of her career.
- Tina Charles posted her 13th double-double this season with 25 points and 19 rebounds - she tallied 15 points and 12 rebounds in the first half.
- UConn has led at halftime in 38 consecutive games - the Huskies are a perfect 38-0 in those contests.
- UConn's 22-point margin of victory ties the second-largest in an NCAA Women's Basketball Championship Game, falling just under Tennessee's 23-point win over Louisiana Tech on March 29, 1987.
- UConn becomes the first team in NCAA Division I Basketball history (male or female) to go undefeated and win each of its games by a margin of 10 points or more.
- UConn held Louisville scoreless for the 4:48 of the second half.
- Tina Charles' 19 rebounds mark a career-best effort.
- Maya Moore's 18 points marked her 11th straight game with double-figure points this season and the 74th of her career.
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS