UConn- Colgate Postgame Notes
Nov. 28, 2012
- The Huskies have won 46 games in a row in the month of November dating back to a 71-65 loss against North Carolina in 2004.
- Brianna Banks set new career highs with 20 points, four steals and four three's.(Finished the game 4-for-5 from behind the arc).
- UConn is improves to 317-4 against opponents not ranked in the AP Top 25 dating back to January 31, 1999.
- UConn improves to 4-0 all-time against Colgate University with the last matchup occurring in 2006.
- The Huskies have only been outrebounded 18 times in their last 160 games – UConn outrebounded Colgate 42-26.
- The Huskies outscored Colgate 50-2 in the paint.
- Coming into tonight the Colgate bench had outscored their opposition’s bench by a margin of 116-68 over the first five games – UConn bench outscored Colgate 40-27.
- The Raiders came into the game leading all of Division I women’s basketball with a free throw shooting percentage of 83.9% -Finished Game with 75 FT% (6-8).
- Huskies shot 13-29 from beyond the arc - Colgate had limited opponents to a 16.9% (12 out of 71) three point shooting percentage in first five games.
- Geno Auriemma earns his 810th win in his 28th season at the helm of the Huskies.
- The Huskies started the game on a 12-0 run that was ended on a 2 pt jumper from Missy Repoli at 17:01.