Dec. 3, 2009
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2 |
Photo Gallery 3
- UConn’s 46-game winning streak is the third longest in NCAA Division I women’s basketball history, tying Tennessee (1996-98). Louisiana Tech holds the second-longest streak at 54 games (1980-82), while Connecticut holds the record at 70 (2001-03).
- UConn has won each of its 46 consecutive games by double-digits, an NCAA record.
- The Huskies have a 45 consecutive regular-season game winning streak that dates back to a 73-71 loss at Rutgers on Feb. 5, 2008.
- UConn extended its home-court winning streak to 44 straight games, the nation’s longest active streak.
- The Huskies have won each of their seven games this season by a margin of at least 25 points following tonight’s 84-42 win against Vermont. This is the first time in the program’s history that they have won the first seven games by that margin.
- Today’s 42-point margin of victory is the fifth time this season that the Huskies have won by 40 points or more.
- UConn improves to 239-11 playing as the nation’s No. 1 ranked team.
- UConn has won each of its last 33 games at Gampel Pavilion – the last loss coming on Feb. 7, 2006 vs. Rutgers by a score of 60-56.
- UConn has won 121 consecutive games against non-ranked opponents following today’s victory over Vermont.
- UConn improves to 288-11 all-time on its home courts since the 1993-94 season.
- UConn is now 98-2 in its last 100 games played at Gampel Pavilion.
- The Huskies have won 74 games in which they scored at least 80 points.
- The Huskies improve to 329-8 in games televised by CPTV (Connecticut Public Television).
- UConn starts its season 7-0 for the fourth straight season and the 12th time in 14 seasons.
- UConn improves to 11-0 all-time in the series with Vermont. The Huskies won the previous meeting against Vermont, 104-65, in the first round of the 2009 NCAA tournament.
- The Huskies improve to 54-17 all-time against America East opponents.
- The Huskies have now won 20 consecutive regular season home games against non-conference opponents since a 70-64 loss to Tennessee on Jan. 6, 2007.
- UConn extends its streak of games without back-to-back losses to 584 consecutive games.
- UConn has won its last 231 games at home against non-ranked opponents in the regular season.
-UConn went on two 11-0 runs in the first 20 minutes of the game. The first came during a 2:28 span in the first half to lead 16-4 and the second was over a 3:06 span, making the score 38-11.
- The Huskies have now scored 50 points or more in the first half in five of their seven games this season.
-UConn has held its opponent to 27 points or less in the first half in each of its first seven games this season.
- Of UConn’s 50 first-half points, 36 were scored in the paint.
- Senior Tina Charles moved past Jamelle Elliott (1,054) on the all-time career rebounds list to secure the No. 2 spot with a total of 1,059 rebounds.
- Tina Charles has now scored at least 10 points for the seventh time this season. It is also her 91st career game with double-figure points.
- Junior Maya Moore moved up to 13th all-time on the UConn’s all-time scoring list with 1,564 points, passing Wendy Davis (1,552). She is now 19 points shy of 12th on the list, currently held by Swin Cash (1,583).
- Maya Moore’s 20 points marked the seventh straight game this season in which she has recorded double-digit points and the 81th time in her career that she has scored 10 points or more. It is also the 33rd time in her career that she has scored 20 points or more, the fourth time this season.