Dec. 3, 2012
GAME NOTES – UConn vs. Maryland
- This game marks the first time the Huskies and Terps have met – The Huskies improve to 43-13 all-time against the ACC.
- UConn has won 100 of their last 105 games played in the month of December.
- With their win tonight, the Huskies improve to 186-58 all-time against Top-25 AP Teams.
- Since the start of the 2008-09 season the Huskies are 28-5 against teams ranked in the AP Top 10.
- UConn has won 54 of their last 55 games played at the XL Center.
- Head Coach Brenda Frese falls to 256-88 in her 11th year at the helm of Maryland.
- Coming into the game, the Terps had outscored their opponents in the paint by a margin of 243-112. Tonight the Huskies outscored the Terps 32-16 in the paint.
- The Huskies now hold a 41-5 advantage in blocks over opponents this season.
- Entering the game, the Terps bench was averaging 21.8 points per game compared to its opponents 15.8 points per game- The UConn bench edged the Maryland bench 13-8.
- From 9:30 to 5:23 the Terps went on a 7-0 run, helped by 3 UConn turnovers – The Huskies responded with their own 10-0 run from 5:22 to 1:58.
- The Terps turned the ball over 18 times in the first half and 26 times in the game. Their previous high was 19 against St. Joseph.
- Kelly Faris recorded a career-high with eight steals, and set a season-high in total rebounds with seven.
- UConn improves to 4-0 on the year when recording 10 or more steals.
- Breanna Stewart recorded a career-high with five offensive rebounds.
- Tonight’s game marked just the 19th time in the last 161 games that the Huskies were outrebounded.
- Tonight marks the 4th game of the season that Brianna Banks scored double-digits– she only scored double digits 3 times throughout all of last season.
- The Terps fall to 0-2 this season when scoring less than 50 points.