Dec. 19, 2012
Box Score |
Photo Gallery 1 |
Photo Gallery 2 |
Photo Gallery 3
- The Huskies improve their all-time record against Oakland to 2-0, with their previous win coming in an 85-53 victory during the 2006-07 season.
- The Huskies have won 102 out of their last 107 games played in the month of December dating back to December 30, 1993.
- Oakland was held to just an 8% FG percentage in the first half (2-25). They finished the game shooting 14.9% (7-47) – it marks the first time an opponent shot under 20% since Kansas State shot 17.5% against UConn on 3/18/12.
- UConn recorded 56 rebounds – it was the first time they had 50+ rebounds in a game since they had 53 against South Florida on 1/28/12.
- In the first half, the Huskies scored 28 points in the paint compared to zero from the Grizzlies. UConn finished the game with a 52-4 edge in the paint.
- UConn started the game on a 14-2 run, aided by three steals from Bria Hartley.
- With their win tonight, UConn has won 318 of their last 322 games against opponents not ranked in the AP Top 25.
- Stefanie Dolson recorded a season-high with four blocks, besting her previous high of two.
- Bria Hartley recorded season-highs in points (21) and steals (five).
- UConn extends its regular-season home win streak against non-conference foes to 47 consecutive games.
- With their win tonight, the Huskies now boast an all-time record of 130-12 at the XL Center, including a 56-1 record in their last 57 games in Hartford.
- The Huskies have only trailed their opponents for 48 seconds out of the 360 minutes played this year.
- Breanna Stewart set a career-high with 13 total rebounds and matched her career-high in points scored with 21.
- The UConn bench outscored the Oakland bench by a margin of 44-7.
- The Huskies set a new all-time single-game record with 40 3-pointers attempted.
- Tied for sixth largest margin of victory with 72 points.