Dec. 23, 2009
- Tonight’s sellout crowd of 16, 294 marks UConn’s first sellout in Hartford since its game vs. Tennessee on Jan. 6, 2007. Since 2000, UConn has played in front of 38 sellout crowds at the XL Center.
- Tonight’s game marked the 13th time that UConn played in a game between the nation’s top-two ranked teams in the Associated Press poll. The Huskies are 11-2 all-time in those games and are 8-1 when ranked No. 1.
- UConn has been ranked No. 1 in the Associated Press Poll in each of the last 30 weeks, tying its longest stretch as the Nation’s top-ranked team, which was previously established from Nov. 9, 1999 – Jan. 15, 2001.
- UConn has won each of its 49 consecutive games by double-digits, an NCAA record.
- The Huskies have a 48 consecutive regular-season game winning streak that dates back to a 73-71 loss at Rutgers on Feb. 5, 2008.
- UConn extended its home-court winning streak to 47 straight games, the nation's longest active streak.
- UConn improves to 242-11 playing as the nation's No. 1 ranked team.
- UConn improves to 291-11 all-time on its home courts since the 1993-94 season.
- UConn is 142-53 vs. Top-25 Associated Press ranked teams.
- UConn is 41-10 since 2001-02 when playing on ESPN2. The Huskies are 2-0 on the “Deuce” this season, following wins over Texas (Nov. 17) and Stanford (Dec. 23).
- UConn is 84-18 in nationally televised contests since 2001-02, including a 2-0 mark this season.
- The Huskies have won 77 games in which they scored at least 80 points.
- With tonight’s victory, UConn extends its winning streak at the XL Center to 26 games.
- The Huskies have now won 27 consecutive games in the month of December.
- UConn starts its season 10-0 for the fourth straight season and the 11th time since 1996-97.
- UConn improves to 5-5 all-time in the series with Stanford.
- The Huskies have now won 23 consecutive regular season home games against non-conference opponents since a 70-64 loss to Tennessee on Jan. 6, 2007.
- UConn extends its streak of games without back-to-back losses to 587 consecutive games.
- The Huskies have shot 50-percent or better from the floor in the first 20 minutes of all 10 games this season, including 17-for-34 clip (.500) from the floor in the first half of tonight’s contest.
- Stanford used a 17-4 run in the first half change a 19-10 deficit into a 29-25 lead with 7:48 remaining in the first half.
- UConn trailed for 14:19 during the first half.
- Stanford’s halftime lead of 40-38 marked the first time UConn trailed at the break since April 6, 2008, when Stanford took a 40-33 advantage during the 2008 Final Four.
- UConn opened the second half with an 18-7 run in the first 8:29 of the frame.
- Lorin Dixon played 51 seconds in the second half – her first action of the season after missing the first nine games with a hamstring injury.
- UConn had two players register 20+ points for the second time this season (Charles 20, Moore 23). Charles scored 20 points and Greene scored 28 against Clemson on Nov. 29.
- Tina Charles’ 20 points and 12 rebounds marks her 41st career double-double, including her third this season.
- Tina Charles’ 20 points marked the 21st time scoring 20+ points in her career. Her 12 rebounds marked the 48th time in her career she has grabbed double-digit rebounds in a game.
- Maya Moore's 23 points (tying her season-high) marked the 10th straight game this season in which she has recorded double-digit points and the 84th time in her career that she has scored 10 points or more. It is also the 36th time in her career that she has scored 20 points or more, the seventh time this season.
- Maya Moore’s 20+ point performance against Stanford, marked the fourth straight contest with 20 or more points and the seventh in her last 10 games.
- Kalana Greene’s 17 points marked her 54th game scoring in double-figures, including the sixth this season.
- UConn out-rebounded Stanford 43-29 in tonight's game.
- Sophomore Tiffany Hayes' 16 points marked the seventh time this season and the 24th time in her career that she has recorded 10 points or more.