Aug 28, 2013
STORRS, Conn. - The University of Connecticut has finalized dates for its 2013-14 schedule as announced by the American Athletic Conference on Wednesday. The team will play 31 regular-season games, including a home-and-home series with all nine American Athletic Conference teams.
Following a rigorous non-conference slate that includes six games against teams in the top-10 of last year's RPI and five games against teams that won their conference championship, the Huskies will partake in their first American Athletic Conference contest on Sunday, December 29 against Cincinnati in the Nutmeg State.
The American schedule features home-and-home contests against Cincinnati, Houston, Louisville, Memphis, Rutgers, SMU, Temple, UCF and USF. The contests against Louisville, which will be a rematch of the 2009 and 2013 National Championship games, are set for Sunday, February 9 at 1 p.m. on ESPN and Monday, March 3 at 7 p.m. on ESPN2. The March 3 contest will serve as the regular-season finale for both squads.
The inaugural American Athletic Conference Tournament will be held on March 7-10 at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn.
Game times, home game locations and SNY broadcast schedule will be announced at a later date.
2013-14 Schedule Notes
- 31 total games
- 16 home games, 13 road contests and two at neutral sites
- 13 nationally-televised contests, 10 on the ESPN family of networks and three on CBS Sports Network
- Eight games against teams in last year's RPI top-15
- Seven games against teams that won a conference championship
- Seven games against teams that advanced to the 2013 NCAA Tournament Regional Semifinal
- Four games against teams that advanced to the 2013 NCAA Tournament Regional Final
2013-14 Non-conference Schedule Notes
- 13 total games
- Seven home games, four road contests and two at neutral sites
- Six games against teams in last year's RPI top-10
- Five games against teams that won a conference championship
- Five games against teams that advanced to the 2013 NCAA Tournament Regional Semifinal
- Two games against teams that advanced to the 2013 NCAA Tournament Regional Final
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS