Nov. 10, 2012
Game Tracker | Listen Live | Tickets
The Last Meeting
|College of Charleston||24
December 21, 2011
No. 2 Huskies Dominate College of Charleston, 72-24
Bria Hartley scored 15 points and Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis added 13 as No. 2 Connecticut bounced back from a rare regular season loss with a 72-24 victory over the College of Charleston on Wednesday night. The Huskies' defense befuddled Charleston (2-8). The Cougars made just seven of their 49 shots (14 percent) and turned the ball over 24 times. Charleston's 24 points were just four away from the best defensive effort ever by the Huskies (10-1). But Connecticut's offense didn't look crisp. They shot just 44 percent, committed 14 turnovers and had their lowest scoring first half of the season with just 27 points.
STORRS, Conn.- Come cheer on the No. 2 Huskies in Sunday’s regular-season opener at Gampel Pavilion. Connecticut tips-off against College of Charleston at 1:30 p.m. UConn will honor head coach Geno Auriemma before Sunday’s contest for reaching his 800th career win. Auriemma won the 800th game of his career on March 6, 2012 in the BIG EAST Championship Final against Notre Dame in Hartford, Conn.
Along with the exciting action on the court this year, UConn Athletics is proud to announce several promotions for the 2012-13 UConn Women’s Basketball season.
- This season fans are invited to make their way to the lower level to enjoy pregame warm-ups courtside from when doors open until approximately 35 minutes until tip-off.
- Weekend games at Gampel Pavilion and the XL Center will feature fun for the whole family. Arrive early to have your face painted, and take pictures with Jonathan and the UConn Dance and Cheer teams. Stick around postgame for an autograph session with the team (for children and their families).
- When the Huskies host Syracuse on Saturday, January 19th “Family Fun Day” will also feature inflatables, games, and much more in the atrium of the XL Center! Family Fun dates include, 11/11, 1/5, 1/19, 2/10, and 2/23 which will feature no post-game autographs.
- Fans are asked to bring new toys to the December 6th game vs. Penn State where the University of Connecticut Student Athlete Advisory Committee will collect items for children in need.
- The annual Play-4-Kay Pink Out game is February 18th at the XL Center when the Huskies take on the defending national champions, Baylor University.
- UConn will also honor those men and women who serve and protect our country on February 26 vs. Pittsburgh.
- You may rethink leaving your seat at halftime this season as several fan favorites along with a few new entertainers are scheduled to perform. Fans are sure to enjoy such acts as the Forbs Flyers jump rope team (12/6 vs. Penn State), the Boston Celtics dance crew Lil’ Phunk (1/5 vs. Notre Dame), the K9 Crew (1/15 vs. Louisville), the Russian Bar Trio (2/18 vs. Baylor), and the amazing dribbling team out of Minnesota, the Alexandria Aces (2/26 vs. Pittsburgh).
Beginning this season, the UConn athletic marketing department has partnered with women’s basketball to launch a brand new Student Loyalty Program which will promote student attendance throughout the season. Students earn points by attending home games at Gampel Pavilion and the XL Center. Each point the student earns brings them one step closer to earning rewards including; a headband, sunglasses, giftcards, bigger prizes including a 42” flat screen TV, airline vouchers, and more. One lucky student who attends every home game and earns 28 points will be entered to win the grand prize (which will be announced later this season). Click here
for more information on the student loyalty program.
Along with students, fans can also be rewarded for their attendance by entering the Fan Loyalty drawing at every home game. Visit a marketing table to enter to win various prizes given out post game by Geno himself!
Kids age 13 and under are also encouraged to join the Junior Husky Club sponsored by Webster Bank for only $15. Receive great benefits such as a free t-shirt, membership card and free admission to select UConn Athletic events including Women’s Basketball. To join visit www.juniorhusky.com.
Season, mini-plan and single game tickets are on sale now. For the first time fans can select their own three-game mini plan for women’s basketball at Gampel Pavilion and the XL Center. If you are interested to see the UConn women play Baylor, season tickets and mini-plans are the only way to guarantee your seat. Pick the games, dates, and times that work for you. November and December feature special single game pricing as fans can purchase a game ticket for only $10. Click here for ticket information or to purchase today.
Group tickets are available at both venues for Women’s basketball this season. For information on group discounts at Gampel Pavilion, please contact the UConn Group Sales Department at 860-486-TIXX. For games held at the XL Center in Downtown Hartford, please contact the XL Center Group Sales Office at 860-548-2000.