Skip to main content Skip to footer
UConn Loses to BU After Last Second Goal

Senior Brittany Berisoff scored the first goal of the game and her first goal of the season in UConn's 2-1 loss to No. 8 BU.
Oct. 2, 2015

Final Stats

BOSTON, Mass. -- The UConn women’s ice hockey team (0-1, 0-1) fell to No. 8 BU (1-0, 1-0) in the final second of the game on Friday, after being up 1-0 going into the 3rd period. Senior Brittany Berisoff (Kelowna, B.C.) scored her first goal of the season, her tenth career goal, in the team’s 2-1 loss to the Terriers in the regular season opener on the road at the Walter Brown Arena in Boston.

Senior goaltender Elaine Chuli (Waterford, Ont.) recorded 46 saves on 48 shots in her first 2015-16 appearance.

The first period remained scoreless. BU outshot UConn 15-5 in the first frame, but Chuli denied every opportunity to keep the score knotted at zero.

BU came out firing in the second period, putting up four quick shots on goal, but Chuli denied each one.

UConn opened the scoring just over halfway through the second period when Berisoff netted one off a pass from senior Leah Buress (Windsor, Ont.) at 11:21 in the middle frame to take a 1-0 lead over the Terriers.

The Terriers answered with a hard shot on goal that dinged off the pipe, but they couldn’t capitalize and the Huskies went into the second break with a 1-0 lead.

BU tied it up nine minutes into the final frame with a goal from freshman Sammy Davis, her first collegiate career goal. Lillian Braga assisted on the equalizer.

With the game all tied up at 1-1, BU called a timeout with less than a minute on the clock. UConn won the faceoff coming off the timeout, and freshman Kayla Mee (Winnipeg, Manitoba) got off a shot on goal that was saved by BU goaltender Victoria Hanson.



As the clock was winding down, the thought of overtime imminent, BU got the puck deep in the zone, where Rebecca Leslie brought the puck out from the corner, walked it in tight to the net and fired a backhanded shot right into Chuli’s chest. After Chuli made the intial save, Rebecca Russo tapped in the rebound with 0.3 seconds remaining on the clock, giving the Terriers a 2-1 victory.

The Huskies return to the Freitas Ice Forum on Saturday, Oct. 3 for their home opener at 7 p.m. against Union.