Skip to main content Skip to footer
Women's Lax Upended By BC, 19-11

Emily Anderson found the back of the net three times today for UConn.

March 2, 2012

Box Score

STORRS, Conn. - The UConn women's lacrosse team suffered its first defeat of the 2012 campaign with 19-11 loss at home to Boston College on Friday afternoon at the George J. Sherman Family Sports Complex in Storrs. Freshman Emily Anderson (Killingworth, Conn.) finished with three goals for the Huskies.

With the loss, UConn drops to 2-1 while Boston College improves to 3-1 on the season.

Today's game was postponed several times from the scheduled start of Wednesday at 3p.m.

Boston College midfielder Kristin Igoe led the Eagles with seven points on five goals and two assists. Igoe helped the Eagles to a possession advantage, primarily in the second half, with four draw controls and four groundballs.

In a back and forth first half, UConn was behind 8-5 after the first 30 minutes.

After falling behind 2-0 to open the game, senior M.E. Lapham (Cazenovia, N.Y.) and Anderson each tallied goes to even the score at 2-2. The Eagles registered the next three goals to go up 5-2, before the two teams exchanged three goals each to end the half.

After 30 minutes, BC held a slight edge in shots, 13-12, with Connecticut ahead in draw controls, 8-6, and ground balls, 8-6.

The Eagles dominated possession in the second half to the tune of a 14-3 edge in draw controls. In the final 30 minutes, Boston College was able to outscore Connecticut, 11-6, including four of the first five goals to start the half.

With BC ahead, 12-6, at 21:11, Anderson, Lauren Kahn (Nanuet, N.Y.) and Kacey Pippitt (New Canaan, Conn.) put home goals in under two minutes to close the game to 13-9 but the Eagles responded with five straight to put the game out of reach at 18-9 with just four minutes remaining.

Junior goalkeeper Brittney Testa (Bridgewater, Vt.) took the loss, allowing 11 goals in 36:47. Freshman Marya Fratoni (Downingtown, Pa.) saw her first stretch of action at UConn, stopping six shots and allowing eight goals in the remaining 23:13.



The Huskies have a quick turnaround and will travel to face Binghamton on Saturday at 12 p.m.