STORRS, Conn. - During the summer months, the University of Connecticut softball team will be catching up with an alum on every Friday as part of the "UConn Softball: Where are they now?" series, which will host information about one Husky graduate each week.
In order to follow all of the different updates, photos and interaction opportunities with UConn softball throughout the offseason, follow the Huskies on Twitter (@UConnSoftball), Facebook (UConn Softball) and Instagram (UConn Softball).
Kim Silva, a 2013 graduate and two-time All-Big East player, is the first alum that UConn softball caught up with. She continues to venture up to Storrs on a daily basis, but now as an employee rather than a student.
Originally from Cheshire, Conn., she played in nearly 200 games for the Huskies during her four-year career. See what Silva has been up to by reading her responses:
Where do you live now?
- I currently live in Ellington, CT.
What was your major at UConn?
- Communications with a minor in Business.
Where did/do you work?
- UConn's Office of Athletic Compliance and Voya Financial in Windsor, CT.
What do you consider to be your greatest accomplishment since graduating from UConn?
- Obtaining my Master's degree in Sport Management from UConn this spring.
What's your favorite UConn softball memory?
- There are too many to pick just one! During my junior season after waiting through a rain delay in a torrential downpour in Charleston, SC we got rained out and used the tarp on the infield as a giant slip-n-slide.
Also, my junior year, when we beat USF while they were nationally ranked on our "Strike Out Cancer" pink day--we refused to wear our uniforms the next day and played again in our pink jerseys for good luck! And, of course, every single time we did bus karaoke on road trips!
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS