Sophomore Maxene Weinberg won the B flight singles.
Emilie is an outstanding athlete who covers the court very well. She has great movement around the court, and has big groundstrokes on both sides. She has quick hands at the net and loves moving forward. She is an all-court player who brings energy and enthusiasm to the squad.
Daughter of Russ and Karin Burgess
1. Born on October 19, 1993
2. Place of Birth: Boston, MA
3. Sisters/brother: Annika (17) Margit (13)
4. Your major: Undeclared
5. Any athletes in the family: none
6. Your favorite athlete: Andy Murray
7. I chose UConn for the academics and tennis opportunities, and also getting the opportunity to go to my state university.
8. Hobby: Run, being outdoors, and traveling.
9. Couldn't leave without: Wallet and cell phone
10. Favorite movie: Shawshank Redemption
11. Favorite place to visit: Stockholm, Sweden 12. Something we don't know about you: I am half Swedish and I wish to travel the world.
13. Fun facts: I ran track in high school and I love the outdoors.
14. Describe your game in 2-3 sentences: I feel comfortable playing all areas of the court. The strongest part of my game is my forehand, and I have strong endurance for long points. I love playing both doubles and singles, and being on a college team was always something that I wanted to be a part of my college career.
15. High school awards: All-State: 2011, All-Area: 2008-2011, All-Conference: 2008-2011, MVP: 2008-2011, and Conference Champion: 2011. Team State Finalists: 2008-2011. I went to Stonington High School, in Pawcatuck, CT -176 South Broad Street.