Kinsman Award to Diana Filipek of rowing and Ali Aserlind of swimming
Connecticut heads into the BIG EAST Championships with a 7-10 record
Huskies play next against Hartford in Storrs on April 14.
Doubles point goes to UConn, St. John's wins four of six singles matches.
UConn drops to 7-8 on the season.
Alexa Gregory: is our senior captain. She is looking forward to having a great senior season. She is a solid baseline player who always works hard all the way until the last point of the match. Alexa has a solid groundstroke game and very good endurance on the court. She has the ability to stay in matches and grind until the end. She is a valuable contributor to both the singles and doubles lineup. She has a great work ethic and is always trying to help the other girls on the team. Alexa is one of the best captains that UConn has ever had. She cares a lot about our program and is always looking to improve the team and as an individual. She is a captain that any coach would want to have.
- Daughter of: Dawn and Alex Gregory
- Born: August 6, 1990
- Sisters/brother: Alex Gregory 20, Blake Gregory 17
- Major: Communications and Sociology
- Any athletes in the family: My father played tennis for Barry University
- Favorite athlete: Andre Agassi
- I chose UConn for /because: I chose UConn because when I visited the school I felt like I was at home. I loved the atmosphere and all the girls on the team as soon as I got here. After my recruiting trip I knew it was going to be a perfect fit.
- Hobby: Hang out with friends and family
- Couldn't live without: My family
- Favorite movie: I have a few favorite movies but one of them would definitely have to be 500 Days of Summer.
- Favorite place to visit: Visiting family in Miami
- Something we don't know about you: That I am allergic to sunscreen
- Fun facts: I am terrified of spiders
- Played 1 all four years
- Rookie of the year award
- Won district doubles junior year
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS