Huskies Blank Hawks, 7-0
Sophomore Maxene Weinberg won the B flight singles.
Honoress showed success in both academics and athletics
UConn defeated Bowdoin, 5-2, but fell to UMass, 4-3.
Julia Allen: is a determined player who runs down every ball and plays with consistency and drive. Her forehand is consistently improving which will enable her to improve on her baseline game. Starting her junior year we are looking forward to seeing her continued hard work. She has solid ground strokes and placement on shots.
Before UConn: Member of the NCISHAA Team State Champion squad in 2004 ... earned the No. 1 singles championship title that season ... twice named the North Carolina Player of the Year (2005, 2006) ... pulled in the team's most valuable player award twice in her career ... earned All-State Honors twice and was the recipient of all-conference accolades three times ... ranked among the 101 in the nation according to the United States Tennis Association ... member of the National Honor Society since 2003 ... earned Headmaster's List each year at St. David's ... received Cum Laude recognition on the National Latin Exam for two years and earned Magna Cum Laude in 2007.
- Daughter of: Dr. Louis and Lynne Allen
- Born: 5/16/1991
- Sisters/brother: Stuart (33) Jordan (31) and Martin (29)
- Major: Allied health science
- Any athletes in the family: n/a
- Favorite athlete: Pete Sampras
- I chose UConn for /because: It was a big name school that would open lots of opportunities.
- Hobby: Shopping, reading
- Couldn't live without: My family and friends
- Favorite movie: Pride and prejudice
- Favorite place to visit: Florida
- Something we don't know about you: I have an intense fear of heights.
- Fun facts: I'm southern I say y'all
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS