Lauren Rothermich: is a strong groundstroker with a big serve who will continue to work hard and develop. She is a great athlete and has a great work ethic. This spring she will study abroad at the University of Nottingham in England. She has always wanted to study abroad and experience another culture outside of the United States. The reason why she chose a university in England is because it was in Europe so she can travel easily and they also have a number of classes that relate to her major that are not offered here at UConn. It will be a great experience for her and we are sure she will take advantage of everything England has to offer.
Before UConn: Captained Sutton in her junior and senior seasons ... was declared the Team MVP as a sophomore, junior and senior ... earned all-league honors four times ... was an all-county all-star in her final three seasons ... was an individual and team district finalist in tennis ... a four-year letterwinner in cross-country and two-year letterwinner in indoor track ... team captain as a junior and senior ... earned all-league cross-country honors in 2005 and 2006 ... was a cross-country state qualifier three times (2005, 2006, 2007) ... state qualifier in 2007 and 2008 in track ... guided team to back-to-back league titles (2007, 2008) ... graduated in the top-10 percent of her class ... was the environmental award recipient ... member of the National Honor Society.
- Daughter of:Susan and Gregory Rothermich
- Born: May 15th 1991
- Sisters/brother: Brian (19 also at UConn) Justin (17) and Kevin (15)
- Major: Environmental biology
- Any athletes in your family: My mom played tennis at UConn, my dad played soccer at Central Connecticut, the rest of my family plays tennis and soccer but not at the college level
- My favorite athlete: Venus Williams
- Why you chose UConn: I chose Uconn because it had important things I was looking for in a college: large size with a reputable sports program, well-known school name, a strong science program, and a team that I wanted to be a part of
- Hobby: I also like to run and ski, can play the piano
- Couldn't live without: Friends and family, and chocolate
- Favorite movie: Remember the Titans
- Favorite place to visit: Cape Cod, MA and Smith Mountain Lake, VA
- Something we don't know about you: I was in the marching band in high school
- Fun facts: My whole family plays tennis, I live on a farm. I am studying abroad this spring at the University of Nottingham in England. I have always wanted to study abroad and experience another culture outside of our country. I chose this university because it was in Europe so I can travel easily and they also have a number of classes that relate to my major that are not offered here at UConn.
UCONN OFFICIAL STORE
UCONN OFFICIAL AUCTIONS