Huskies Blank Hawks, 7-0
Sarah Griffin - W.Tennis
Honoress showed success in both academics and athletics
Sarah Griffin: loves being on the tennis court, loves the game. She is a left-handed baseline player who likes to be aggressive on the court and use her serve to her advantage. Her positive attitude in practice helps the team. She is an all-court player who is focused and determined, always working extra hard to achieve her goals. Her greatest strengths are her consistency, her patience and hard work.
1. Daughter of: Maureen and Steve Griffin
2. Born: September 25, 1991
3. Sister/Brother: Kate, age 23. Jeff, age 26.
4. Major: Marketing
5. Any athletes in the family: My father played baseball for Amherst College
6. Favorite Athlete: Andre Agassi and Diego Forlan
7. I chose UConn because: It's a fantastic school with a great academic and athletic reputation.
8. Hobby: Running, spending time with family and friends
9. Couldn't live without: My planner
10. Favorite movie: The Holiday
11. My favorite place to visit: Cape Cod, MA
12. Something we don't know about you: I want to travel to Europe
13. Fun Facts: I used to play baseball in an all-boys league
-Played Number 1 Singles for Cheshire High School for 3 years
-All-State for 2 years
-Singles State Open Quarterfinalist
-All-Area 4 years
-National Honors Society
-Connecticut Superintendent's Award