Honorable Mention All-American
BIG EAST CHAMPION
2014 Outdoor (Senior)
- Part of the 4x400m relay team that earned UConn's first All-American honors at the NCAA Championship. Emerson ran the leadoff leg that placed 12th with a time of 3:34.89 to earn Secon Team laurels. She was the lone Husky to compete in multiple events at the Championship, finishing 17th in the 400m (53.10) to earn Honorable Mention All-American.
- Bceame the first UConn outdoor 400m runner to qualify for the NCAA Championship after placing 11th at the NCAA East Regional with a school-record time of 52.79... also part of the UConn 4x400m relay to qualify for the NCAA Championship with a time of 3:34.83.
- Won the 400m dash at the ECAC Championship with a time of 52.86 and helped the 4x100m relay team to a first place finish in 45.23.
- Finished second in the 400m dash at the American Athletic Conference Championship (52.80) and paced the 4x400m relay to a silver medal and school record time of 3:32.83.
- Ran the second leg of the 4x200m relay team that finished fifth at the Penn Relays and established a new school record time of 3:36.41.
2013-14 Indoor (Senior)
- Captured the 400m dash at the ECAC Championship (53.39).
- Helped the 4x400m relay team win gold at The American Championship (3:37.92) ... also placed fifth in the 400m dash (54.33).
- Set the school record in the 400m dash at Armory Collegiate 53.38).
2012-13 Outdoor (Junior)
- Ran the 400m with a time of 54.10 at the NCAA East Regionals... Ran the first leg of the 4x400 where UConn finished with a time of (3:40.89).
- Part of 4x400m relay that claimed the bronze at the ECAC Championships with a time of 3:37.61 which is a program record... Ran the second leg of the 4x100m where UConn finished seventh (46.18)... Captured third place in the 400 meter dash (53.12).
- Crossed the finish line fourth (53.08) in the 400 meter dash at the BIG EAST Championships... Part of 4x100m relay that took eighth (46.46) and the 4x400m team that finished fourth (3:38.97).
- Led off the 4x400 meter relay team that finished second at the Penn Relays (3:38.61).
- The lead off leg on the 4x400 meter relay team at the Sea Ray Relays that captured the silver medal with a time of (3:39.85). Ran second leg on the first place 4x400 meter relay team in Knoxville, TN.
2012-13 Indoor (Junior)
- Competed at the NCAA Championships in Fayetteville, Arkansas as part of the Distance Medley Relay that finished in 12th place, registering a time of 11:25.09.
- Placed 5th in the 4x400 meter relay at the ECAC Championships with a time of 3:39.71 which is a new school record.
- Competed in the 400 meter dash at the BIG EAST Championships... Part of UConn's first place DMR squad in the BIG EAST Championships.
- Finished first in the 400 meter dash at the New England Championships with a time of 54.40...Part of the 4x400 meter relay which finished first with a time of 3:42.41 at the New England Championships.
2011-12 Outdoor (Sophomore)
- Placed 14th in the 400m (53.10) in the semifinals at the NCAA Regionals.
- Finished 3rd in the 400m (53.32) at the ECAC Championships.
- Won the 400m (53.17) at the BIG EAST Championships.
2011-12 Indoor (Sophomore)
- Part of the distance medley relay team that finished 8th at the NCAA Championships (11:10.24) earning a First Team All-American honor.
2010-11 Outdoor (Freshman)
- Placed 5th in the 400m at the ECAC Championships (54.91)... Part of 4x400m relay which finished 5th at the ECAC Championships (3:43.14).
- Part of 4x400m relay that placed 2nd at the BIG EAST Championships (3:40.84) which is a new school record... Finished 3rd at the BIG EAST Championships in the 400m (54.01) which is a seasons best.
2010-11 Indoor (Freshman)
- A member of the DMR team that set a new school record (10:59.99) which was one of seven teams in NCAA history to run under 11 minutes in DMR.
- Part of distance medley which placed 12th at the NCAA Tournament (11:28.43).
- Part of the 4x400m relay that placed 6th at the BIG EAST Championships (3:46.07)... Finished 5th in the 400m at the BIG EAST Championships (24.79).
- Placed 5th at the New England Championships in the 200m (24.79).
High School: Attended Delcastle High School...earned All-State honors in the 200m, 400m, 4x400, 4x200 and 4x100 from 2007-2010...was State MVP in 2010 while helping lead her indoor and outdoor tracks teams to the State Championship...state record holder in the 4x100 and 4x200 as well as the 400m.
Personal: Celina D. Emerson...a human development and human studies major...born Feb. 13, 1992.