The Huskies enjoyed a solid showing during the two-day meet which featured over 70 teams.
The Huskies grabbed two first-place finishes on Friday night at the Armory in New York City
Lauren Sara, Saija Bikanova and Nyanka Joseph will serve as captains for the 2015 indoor season.
The redshirt-senior crossed the line in 35th place in her third and final NCAA Cross Country Championships
The Husky redshirt-captain finished second overall at the Minutemen Invitational on Saturday
AAC 2015 Outdoor Championship Final Day (photos by Stephen Slade)
AAC Women's Outdoor Championship Day 3 (photos by Stephen Slade)
February 27-March 1 at Armory Collegiate in New York City
The Huskies hosted the UConn All-Region Invitational on the Storrs campus on Saturday, April 9
2015 Outdoor (Senior)
- Won first in the 5000m run at the AAC Outdoor Championship, clocking 16:35.08
- Took first in the 2000m steeplechase at the UConn Invitational (6:59.89)
- Placed third in the 1500m run at the UCF Black & Gold Challenge, with a time of 4:39.22
- Competed in the 5000m run at the Florida Relays, placing seventh (16:16.32)
2014-15 Indoor (Senior)
- Captured sixth in the 3000m run at the ECAC Championship (9:32.99)
- Won second in the 5000m run at the AAC Indoor Championship (16:33.93)...Also competed in the 3000m run, clocking 9:32.44 and finishing third
- Earned fourth place in the 3000m run at the NYC Gotham Cup with a time of 9:36.77
2014 Outdoor (Senior)
- Earned the silver medal in the 3,000m run at the ECAC Championship with a time of 9:33.76... Also finished 17th in the 5,000m run (16:45.58).
- Took fourth place in the 10,000m run at the American Athletic Conference Championship in 35:32.96... Also finished fourth in the 5,000m run (16:39.79).
- Captured second at the UConn Invitational in the 3,000m run, clocking 9:46.53.
2012-13 Outdoor (Junior)
- Finished 17th (34:31.03) in the 10,000 meter run at the NCAA East Regionals.
- Claimed fourth place in the 10,000 meter run at the BIG EAST Championships with a time of 34:47.92.
2012-13 Indoor (Junior)
- Placed 9th in the 3,000-meter run at the BIG EAST Championships with a mark of 9:38.29. A third place finisher in the 5,000-meter run at the BIG EAST Championships (16:21.33).
2011-12 Cross Country (Sophomore)
- Placed 6th at the NCAA Northeast Regionals (20:54.0) to become the fourth Husky ever to qualify for NCAA Championships...Finished 53rd at the NCAA Championships (20:39.5).
- Placed 8th at the BIG EAST Championship (20:16.0).
2010-11 Outdoor (Freshman)
- Placed 22nd at the NCAA Finals for the 10000m (36:01.52).
- Finished 5th at the ECAC Championships in the 3000m (9:33.13) while setting a new program record.
- Finished 7th at the BIG EAST Championships in the 5000m (16:37.34) which is another program record.
2010-11 Indoor (Freshman)
- Finished 3rd at the ECAC Championships in the 3000m (9:32.28) which is a new school record.
- Finished 7th at the BIG EAST Championships in the 5000m (16:35.02), also a school record.
- Placed 5th in the New England Championships for the 1 mile (4.52.53).
High School: Attended Bunnell High... Named All-State and All-Conference in cross country in 2007, 2008 and 2009... All-New England in 2008 and 2009... 2009 New Haven and Connecticut Post MVP... Captained the cross country team in 2008 and 2009... In track, named All-New England and All-American in the indoor 5000 meters... All-State indoor selection in 2010... Captained the indoor track team in 2008 and 2009... Named to the All-Conference Academic Team in cross country (2009), indoor track (2010) and outdoor track (2010).
Personal: Lauren Elizabeth is the daughter of Wayne and Maureen Sara...a human development and family studies major... born March 31, 1992.