Mary Monda Oewel
AS A SOPHOMORE (2016-17)
- Won first place in the 5000m run at the UConn Northeast Challenge, finishing in a time of 18:10.59.
- Finished sixth in the 5000m run (17:41.36) at the Vanderbilt Invitational.
- Competed in the 3000m and 5000m runs at the American Indoor Track and Field Championships.
- Finished third in the 10,000m run (35:30.17) at the Sam Howell Invitational.
- WIn gold medal in 5000m run (17:47.60) at the UConn Northeast Challenge.
- Earned fifth in 10,000m run (36:07.98) at American Outdoor Track and Field Championships.
- Finished ninth in the 5000m run (17:31.92) and 19th in the 3000m run (10:13.55) at the American Indoor Track and Field Championships.
Personal: Daughter of Charlie and Monda Oewel… An economics major.