UConn honors 10 seniors in lone home meet
UConn honors 10 seniors on Saturday
Women's track & field opens outdoor season at Raleigh Relays
Flowers earns third career indoor Northeast Region Field Athlete of the Year honor
UConn takes silver at conference meet, DMR breaks meet record
The Huskies hosted the UConn All-Region Invitational on the Storrs campus on Saturday, April 9
2012-13 Outdoor (Senior)
- Crossed the line in 33th place in the 3,000 meter steeplechase (10:35.11) at the NCAA East Regionals.
- Took fifth (16:32.67) in the 5,000m at the ECAC Championships.
- Finished eighth (16:47.34) in the 5,000 meter run at the BIG EAST Championships.
2012-13 Indoor (Senior)
- Finished 5th at the BIG EAST Championships in the 3,000 meter run with a mark of 9:25.74.
2011-12 Outdoor (Junior)
- Finished 21st in the 1500m (4:37.71) prelims at the BIG EAST Championships.
2011-12 Indoor (Junior)
- Won the 3000m at the ECAC Championships (10:20.13).
- Finished 6th in the mile (4:51.47) at the BIG EAST Championships.
2010-11 Outdoor (Sophomore)
- Finished 11th at the ECAC Championships in the 5000m (16:51.22).
- Placed 9th at the BIG EAST Championships (16:46.44).
2010-11 Indoor (Sophomore)
- Finished 4th at the ECAC Championships in the 1 mile (4:52.04).
- Finished 10th at the BIG EAST Championships in the 3000m (9:33.90).
- Took 1st at the New Balance Invite in the 3000m (9:44.76).
2009-10 Indoor (Freshman)
- Placed 8th in the mile at the New England Championships (4:58.55)... Part of the distance medley relay team which placed 1st at the New England Championships (11:54.13).
High School: Attended Hingham High School... was a three-time DIII 1,000-meter champion... anchored the 12-time (both outdoor and indoor track) 4x800 meter relay DIII Championship team... lead Hingham to three State Championships... had an undfeated high school career... led her team to the League Championship title all four years... set school records in the 1,000-meter (2:59), mile (5:06.9), two mile, 4x800 and DMR... was a two-time cross country Boston Globe and Boston Herald All-Scholastic team member as well as a three-time Patriot Ledger All-Scholastic team member... was a member of the musical honor society (Tri-M) and was a honor roll student.
Personal: Shauna Katherine McNiff... a psychology major... born October 19, 1990.